Mobile Deposit FAQs
Q. Who is eligible for Mobile Deposit?
A. In order to use this feature, you must
- have an eligible checking or savings account open for 90 days at The Farmers & Merchants Bank,
- be enrolled in Internet Banking, and
- have downloaded the Mobile Banking app
Q. What devices and equipment will work with Mobile Deposit?
A. Mobile Deposit will work with the following smart phones:
- iPhone 5S and higher; Version 4.1 + operating system
- Google models Pixel 2 or higher
- LG G4 or higher
- Motorola Droid turbo, Moto X, Moto Z2 Force, Moto Z2 Play, Moto Z Force Droid
- Samsung Galaxy J7, Galaxy Note 3 or higher, Galaxy S4 or higher
- Rear-facing cameras with 2.0+ megapixel resolution and autofocus
- Touch screen or keyboard phones
B. Mobile Deposit will work with the following tablets:
- iPads- All with IOS version 10.0 or higher
- Android- screen size 7" or higher, version 4.4 or above, Supported by Google Play store, version 5.0 or higher
Q. Is there a limit on the dollar amount and number of deposits I can submit?
A. There is no limit for the number of deposits allowed. Only one check can be deposited with each transaction. You may deposit up to $500 per business day using Mobile Deposit. We established a limit that provides sufficient access for the majority of our customers. If you wish to request a different limit, please contact Customer Service at (731) 692-3761.
Q. Are there fees associated with Mobile Deposit?
A. No. But your mobile carrier’s data charges may apply.
Q. What type of items cannot be deposited?
A. You cannot deposit:
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than yourself
- Checks containing any alterations of which you know or believe to be fraudulent or not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn
- Checks that are not in original form with a signature, such as substitute checks or remotely created checks
- Checks payable to you and another party, unless deposited into a Mobile Deposit Account in the name of all payees
- Checks or items issued by the U.S. Treasury or any other U.S. federal agency
- Foreign checks or checks not payable in U.S. currency
- Third party checks
- Returned or re-deposited items
- Rebate checks
- Money orders, savings bonds, or traveler’s checks
- Split deposits between multiple accounts.
- Checks dated more than six (6) months prior to the date of the deposit
- Checks payable on sight or payable through draft, as defined in Reg CC
Q. When will my deposit process?
A. Deposits made before 4 p.m. (CST) on business days will be processed the same day. Deposits made after 4 p.m. (CST) will be considered deposited the next business day. A business day is Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Holidays and as otherwise posted in our banking offices.
Q. How do I make a deposit once enrolled?
A. The step-by-step instructions are as follows:
- Log in to the app using the online banking ID and password
- Click on the Deposits tab
- Click on the Deposit Check option
- Choose which account to deposit into and enter in the amount
- Take a picture of the front and back of the check, as directed
- Click Submit
Q. How will I know if The Farmers & Merchants Bank received my deposit?
A. After you have taken a picture of the front and back of your check, you can confirm your deposit was transmitted by viewing the deposit history. It will show “Accepted”, “Pending”, or “Rejected”. After 4:00 PM (CST), return to Mobile Banking – Deposit History page to ensure your deposit was accepted for processing. A check could be rejected after being accepted by the Mobile Banking system (such as a stop payment, incorrect endorsement, etc.) Your recent deposit and a picture of the check(s) will be stored in the “Deposit History” screen within the app for 30 days.
Q. When will my funds be available?
A. Your funds will be available the next business day, if no hold is placed. If we receive and accept a mobile check deposit before 4 p.m. (CST) on a business day, we consider that day to be the date of your deposit.
Q. What do I do with the check after using Mobile Deposit?
A. Once your deposit has posted to your account, destroy or properly dispose of it after 14 days to insure that the check clears. Shredding is an excellent way to destroy an item.
Q. What if I submit the same deposit twice in error?
A. Built-in audit checks will recognize a duplicate deposit and will not allow the second deposit.
Q. If a check I submitted was returned or rejected, can I resubmit it?
A. No – if a check is returned for insufficient funds, you may not redeposit the check through Mobile Deposit. Yes – if a check is rejected because the bank rejected it for no endorsement, you my redeposit the check through Mobile Deposit.
Q. How secure is Mobile Deposit?
A. The Farmers & Merchants Bank Mobile Deposit employs industry best practices with regards to security. It has been assessed against industry security criteria by a number of independent system security experts. At a high level, The Farmers & Merchants Bank Mobile Banking offers the following safeguards:
- Authentication – Mobile browser and app customers are authenticated for every interaction with any Mobile Banking component. Customers are authenticated by username and password or by utilizing existing login credentials.
- Encryption – 128-bit encryption is used for all transactions within The Farmers & Merchants Bank’s Mobile Banking.
- Fraud – The Farmers & Merchants Bank Mobile Banking incorporates mechanisms such as transaction validation and transaction reconciliation processes to detect fraud.
- Availability/Resilience – The Farmers & Merchants Bank Mobile Banking is protected against malicious attacks through software and server hardening measures.
- Audit Ability – The Farmers & Merchants Bank Mobile Banking provides full audit capabilities through event logs and event-based reporting.
Q. What happens if I lose my device?
A. No information is actually stored on your device but you can disable mobile banking on your device at any time. To disable your Mobile Deposit, please contact us at 731-692-3761.
Q. Is this safe to use over Wi-Fi?
A. Yes. The use of the mobile banking app over Wi-Fi is no different than using it on your phone’s data connection. All data is sent over an encrypted Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection.